To copy a vendor, follow the steps below:
- Initiator logs in to MDO.
- Select Business Partner > Vendor from the left menu.
- From the Vendor List page locate the vendor to be copied. Click on the three dots > Select Copy.
- The Vendor Details page of a new vendor record will open. All the data copied from the searched record will appear. Change the header data on details page if required.
- Click Next. Change the details as required.
- Click Save.
- Once saved, a new vendor record is created in MDO and the copy workflow is triggered.
- The task is sent to the Reviewer for approval or rejection.
- The Reviewer logs in and locates the task in their Inbox. After reviewing, they can approve/reject the request. If approved, the task is sent to the Approver (final user).
- Similarly, the Approver logs in, locates the request in their Inbox and approves or rejects. Once the record is approved at final stage in MDO, the copied vendor details are integrated with SAP.
Note: This is the standard workflow that will run if the standard Vendor master is in use. If there is any customization (as per business requirements) to the workflow, then the customized workflow will be executed.