MDO offers the capability to deactivate multiple vendors in one process. To enable the batch deactivation process, follow the steps below.
1. Log in to MDO with administrator credentials.
2. Click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the Homepage.
3. From the left menu click Modules > Select the Vendor module
4. Select Layouts > Mass Layouts.
5. Click on Add New. Provide a relevant description to the layout. Complete the Template configuration details as listed below. (These options will determine the validations and options a user will get at the time of entering data for deactivation in the Excel sheet).
|Validation||If yes is chosen, the option to validate the records will be given in Excel Connect.|
|Dropdown||If yes is chosen, the dropdown values will be shown in Excel Connect, otherwise dropdown values will not appear.|
|Multilingual Description||If yes is chosen, the multilingual description is generated in Excel Connect.|
|Validate by Schema||If yes is chosen, the data entered in Excel Connect is validated based on schema selected.|
6. Select Save.
7. Locate the relevant Mass Template created in the list. Click on Details.
8. Search for the activation / deactivation fields in the layout and Add. Also search for the additional fields to be added to the mass layout template and select Add.
9. When all the fields have been added, click on Assign Field.
10. Select Back and then click on Assigned To in order to select the role(s) which should have authorization to this mass layout.
If the relevant role(s) does not appear, proceed to steps 11 and 12.
11. Click on the Security tab, search the role to which you want to give permission. Assign Excel Connect and Mass Upload permissions.
12. Assign (check) the layout to the required roles.
To use the mass deactivation template, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Vendor List page.
- Select the records to be deactivated and click Download > Select a template
- Select the template that you have just created > Continue.
- Open the Excel sheet and go to the Master Data Online tab
- Select Login icon > Enter your MDO credentials.
- Change the Deactivation field value from 0 to 1 to deactivate the vendors.
- Select Validate ->Upload the records.
- Records will be triggered to the assigned workflow and saved.
- The vendor records will be deactivated.