What is DIW?
Within MDO, the data intelligence workbench provides a health check for the organization’s master data. It checks the data for duplicity, completeness, accuracy, and validness. It is an Intelligence Workbench where you can improve data standards and quality by defining and running business rules on existing or new data sets.
DIW monitors your data health and flags any anomalies to the Data Owners and Stewards as the Business Rules evolve and change. It provides a platform for collaborative data governance, data correction, and enrichment.
The Data Intelligence Workbench helps to maintain consistent, reliable data:
- Data monitoring
- Data enrichment – adding new data
- Ability to apply business rules through a schema for
- Data quality check for example on Duplicate Data or Missing Data
- Data Corrections
- Provide Pre-configured Business Rules for master data in various domains
Businesses can utilize DIW for:
- Automation of Data Quality tasks
- Data preparation where you can Stage, Enrich, Cleanse and Correct your data collaboratively
- Leverage the Rules and Apply to Business Processes – the rules you build can also be applied for active data governance
- Built-in Analytics Dashboards to provide insights on your Data Health
- Integrate with various content providers to validate data and enrich it for better data insight
How does DIW work?
Admin can set up data quality checks from a pre-defined set of rules or create their own rules and stay on top of its important data. DIW acts as a platform for collaborative and governed data correction and enrichment. It has inbuilt adaptors to integrate and sync data to your On-Premises and Cloud systems.
What are business rules?
Business Rules are standard checks or constraints that are used to validate data within different fields based on defined rules. These rules can be configured or accessed from the existing rules in the MDOs Business Rules library.