A user is a person who has access to the application. All users created in MDO have unique credentials that can be used to identify any task they perform within the application. Users are assigned roles as per their responsibilities or location. What information a user has access to or what information a user can change can be controlled by the user’s assigned role.
To create a user, follow these steps:
- Log in with administrator credentials.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Users.
- Click on Add New User
- Fill in the required details.
- Select the checkbox for Admin Access if the user requires administrator configuration access.
- Click Next. This step is where the role(s) are defined for the user. By selecting a role, it assigns that role’s permissions to the user.
- To select only one role for the user, choose both Default and Assign against the role. If the user requires access to two different roles, then Assign the relevant roles and select one role as the Default. This gives the user the ability to switch from one role to the other.
- Click Next. General information such as phone number and address can be recorded if required.
- Click Finish.
The new user has now been created and is assigned to their role(s). They will automatically receive a confirmation email with a password sent to the email address provided.
User Creation with Mass Upload
The ability to create several users at the same time can be performed using mass upload creation through excel. To perform user creation with mass upload:
- Click on the Settings icon on the Home page.
- Go to the Users tab on the left menu of the page.
- Click on Download Template. An excel file will be downloaded.
- Open the excel file. The template has the following fields to be populated.
|USERID||The username for the user|
|FNAME||First name of the user|
|LNAME||Last name of the user|
|Email address to be registered for the user|
|Time Zone||Select the time zone from the drop-down values|
- Once the above details are completed, save the excel.
- Return to MDO Users screen, click on Import Excel.
- Select the excel file that was saved and click Open.
- Users listed in the excel file are created. Passwords are generated automatically and are sent to the registered email address of the user.
To change the password for an existing user, follow these steps:
- From the Homepage select Settings > Users
- Search for the user by entering the user name in the search bar.
- Click on Change password.
- Enter the new password and confirm.
- Click Update.