Users belonging to a similar category (e.g. People in the same department) can be grouped together into user groups. User groups can be used to easily assign or perform an action on a large set of users.
Some examples of where a user group can be used in MDO are:
- Assigning a notification to a large number of users (All users in a plant/department).
- Defining schema owners (to whom the schema notifications should be sent to).
To configure a new user group, follow these steps:
- Login with administrator credentials
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Advanced.
- Select Groups > Add New Group.
- Enter group Name > Save.
- Select Users against the relevant group to add users in the group.
- Assign Users to Group window appears. Select multiple users to the group and Save.