For additional help to download Excel Connect, refer to and check the following steps.
1. Supported Excel Versions
Excel 2010, 2013, 2016 [32 and 64 bit]
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (in case of excel 2010)
- .Net Framework 4.5
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
- Microsoft .NET Framework
3. How to install
- Close all instances of Office applications.Make sure there is no running instance of the Office applications by checking in Task Manager.
- Install Excel Connect setup.
4. How to uninstall
- Navigate to Control Panel
- Program => Uninstall a program
- Search “Prospecta Excel Connect” in the program list
- Right click and Uninstall
5. What to do if the Master Data Online tab does not appear
- Clear temporary files.
- Check Whether Add-In is disabled. In Excel go to:
- File=> Options=> Add-ins=> Manage=> Select (COM Add-ins) => Go
- Check (ConnektHub) => OK
- Close Excel => open downloaded Excel Connect file.
- Check for an Antivirus blocker
- The Antivirus on the system may be blocking the Add-In load. Run the latest updates for the Antivirus and retry. If this does not help, try disabling the Antivirus program completely and retry. If this works, contact your IT Support team. Always ensure you have re-enabled your Antivirus program.
- Conflict with other Add-Ins:
- There may be a conflict with other add-ins that are being loaded in the Office application. Disable all other Add-Ins except the one in question and retry.
6. Unblock the Add-in File:
- Locate the Excel Connect file in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- At the bottom of the General tab you should see a Security section. Check the box that says Unblock.
- Press the OK button.
- Close Excel completely and re-open it. The add-in should now load, and any custom ribbons will appear.