For example, when a Project Start Date field should have a date before the Project End Date field, a User Defined Rule can establish the check.
To configure a User Defined Rule within a module:
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Modules.
- Select the module > Business Rules
- Select the User Defined Rule tab > Add New Rule.
- Select either Active Governance or Passive Governance according to the rule.
- Select the field for which the rule needs to be set (for Active Governance) or write the description of the rule (for Passive Governance) and select Save.
In case of Active Governance,
- Select Create on the right-hand side of the page.
- For Enterprise customers enter the Plant Code (Note: This will only appear for private enterprise customers, as for shared cloud customers the system will automatically select the Plant Code.)
- Select Finish.
- To modify/create the code, select Code on the right-hand side of the page
- Write the code and select Compile. If the code is compiled, select Save.
- To activate the rule, check Active.
In case of Passive Governance,
- Select the Field, Operator and the Comparison metric (Value) for each block.
- Add another block by selecting ‘+’ on the left-hand side of the block under Action and select the Field, Operator and Comparison metric for this block.
- Repeat Step B for all the required blocks.
- When the condition blocks are complete, select Generate.
The code will be generated, and the rule added.