A Missing Rule is used to apply a check on data entered in a field(s) that has a missing value(s).
This is done by selecting the field(s) for which missing values needs to be identified and an error message needs to be displayed if the fields have no values. This rule is helpful when changing or adding any new business rule to your rule set.
For e.g. Previously, Name was not a mandatory field but now it is required as mandatory. In this scenario, the Missing Rule will help identify the data which has Name missing.
To configure a Missing Rule in a module:
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Modules.
- Select the module > Business Rules > Schema.
- Identify the desired schema and click on Detail > Add Business Rule.
- Under Rule Type, check Missing Rule radio button.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of the rule in Description.
- Select the preferred Category for the rule.
- In Fields, select the field(s) that need to be assigned to the missing rule.
- Select Finish.