The Metadata Rule is used to apply checks to a record based on the inherent properties of the fields involved, such as data type, length, predefined formats, etc.
To apply this rule, the field(s) need to be assigned and their existing properties checked. For e.g. If the Name field has been set to 25 characters, the Metadata Rule would ensure that if a name entered exceeds 25 characters, an error message would be shown.
To configure a Metadata Rule within a module:
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Modules.
- Select the module > Business Rules > Schema.
- Identify the desired schema and click on Detail > Add Business Rule.
- Under Rule Type, check Metadata Rule radio button.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of the rule in Description.
- Select the preferred Category for the rule.
- In Fields, select the field(s) that need to be assigned to the metadata rule.
- Select Finish.