Create a Dependency Rule
A Dependency Rule enables a user to create rules for a field or set of fields that are dependent on the values of other fields. This can include populating the value of a target field(s) based on the value of a source field(s).
For example, based on the country and the region, the respective post-code values can be set.
To configure a Dependency within a module:
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Modules
- Click on the desired module > Business Rules tab
- Select Dependency tab> Add Dependency
- Enter the Combination Description
- Drag fields to the Source Fields to define the source fields and drag the fields to the Target Fields to define the target fields for the dependency.
- Select Save.
- The Mapping screen will appear. Fill the desired value for Source Field(s) and then the desired value for Target Field(s).
- Select the option for the target value to be either:
a) Mandatory: The target field(s) would be mandatory.
b) Read-Only: The value in the target field(s) would be a read only value and would not be available to change.
c) Hidden: The target field(s) with the value would be hidden from the layout.
- Select Save.
If more mappings need to be added under the same dependency:
- Click on the ‘+’ sign on the left of the combination ID of the dependency description.
- Select Add.
- Repeat steps 8, 9 and 10.