The Lookup Table rule is used to validate or transform target values based on the source values defined in the table. This rule is generally used in data migration and transformation projects.
For e.g. If the Post Code field is to be validated based on the Region field, a lookup table would be configured to map the Regions with their respective Post Codes. This would help validate the post codes with their respective regions.
To configure a Lookup Table rule within a module:
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Modules.
- Select the module > Business Rules > Schema.
- Identify the desired schema and click on Detail > Add Business Rule.
- Under Rule Type, check Lookup Table radio button.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of the rule in Description.
- Select the preferred Category for the rule.
- Select the Table to validate the values.
- Write the desired error Message, in case the lookup validation fails.
- Select Finish.