Users have the capability to write Standard APIs which are applicable to all the tenants on the cloud server for a specific module. Users can also write custom APIs that are valid for their own tenant for a specific module. These codes can be written as enhancements, which can further be added to this rule.
To configure an API Rule within a module:
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Modules.
- Select the module > Business Rules > Schema.
- Identify the desired schema and click on Detail > Add Business Rule.
- Under Rule Type, check API radio button.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of the rule in Description.
- Select the preferred Category for the rule.
- In the Reference field, select the existing API.
- In the Message field, add a message that would appear if the record is not in accordance with the API.
- Select Finish.
For more information on how to write API’s in MDO, follow this link: API Framework