Excel Connect Template Configuration:
To configure an Excel Connect Template, follow below steps:
- Login to MDO with login credentials
- Click on setting icon located on the top right section.
- Click on “Modules”
- Click on the module for which you want to configure the Excel Connect Template
- Click on “Mass Layouts”
- Click on “Add New”
Below is the of list details required to be filled:
|Name||Fill in the relevant name for the template.|
|Validation||Select “Yes” if you want to validate the data before uploading it using the excel connect. Select “No” if you do not want to validate the data before uploading.|
|Select “Yes” if you want the dropdown values to appear in the excel connect. Select “No” if you do not want the dropdown values to appear in the excel connect.|
- Fill in the details and click on “Save”
- Click on “Details”
- Search the field which you want to add to the excel connect template.
- Click on “Add” to add the field to the template.
Below is the list of the actions you an perform in this section:
|Read Only||Check the “Read only” option against the field which you want to make read only in the template.|
|Mandatory||Check the “Mandatory” option against the field which you want to make mandatory in the template|
|Set Default||Click on this button if you want to set default values for the fields|
|Set Default Value||Fill in the default value for the field|
- Click on “Assign Field” to assign the fields to the template.
- Click on “Assign” and specify the role(s) which have/do not have access to the Excel Connect Template by checking/unchecking the check box from the field “Choose” for the respective role.