Dependency is the functionality that is used to set up a dependent relationship between the two set of fields i.e. “Source fields” and “Target fields”. Where “Source fields” is a set of fields based on which values in the field set “Target fields” are changed or depends.
To create a new dependency, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login with valid credentials.
- Click on setting icon on top right corner à Click “Modules”
- Select a module from the list in which you want to add a dependency.
- Click on “Business Rules” tab à select “Dependency”
- Fill in the details as stated in below table.
- Click “Save” to save the dependency.
|Combination Description||Enter a valid name for dependency.|
|Source Fields||Set of source fields on which you want to apply dependency.|
|Target Fields||Set of target fields on which you want the result of dependency to appear.|
NOTE: You can search the field from the search bar available on the page & drag and drop the field in the Source field or target field pane.
Fields in Source Fields section must be a drop-down field.
- After saving the dependency, new window will appear.
- In that window, in source tab, select the value on which you want to set dependency or check the check-box for selecting all the values by default.
- Then in the target tab, user can either set a constant value or different options (Mandatory, Read only, Hidden) from drop down present.
- You can add more options to the dependency by selecting that particular dependency and clicking on the “+”à Click “Add” button , add new rule via same process.
- User can edit or delete the dependency by clicking on the icons present on the Actions section of that dependency.