Default is a feature that is applied to standardize the record creation process. It is used to set a default value for a field, which will be populated automatically whenever the form will open. It can be edited there or can be made read only.
NOTE: This functionality works based on the roles.
Setting up Defaults
To create a new Default, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login with valid credentials.
- Click on setting icon on top right corner à Click “Modules”.
- Select a module from the list in which you want to add Default.
- Click on “Business Rules” tab à select “Default”.
- Select the role on which you want to set up default.
- Expand the selection by clicking on the icon present on the right.
- Find the field using the Select Field tab on the left and click on add.
- Then enter (or select) the value for that field which you want to make default.
- If you don’t want to make it Editable then check the Read Only checkbox otherwise not.
- Click Save. (Default Applied)
- You can also modify the rule by clicking on the Edit.