MDO Description Generator helps enterprises manage issues related to Duplicates and Standards resulting in Inventory Optimization. Description Settings enables the configuration of the partitions through the description generator. It helps us to define the format of short and long descriptions produced via description generator.
Configuring Description Settings
In order to configure the description settings, below steps needs to be followed:
- Login with Business Administrator credentials.
- Click on setting icon on top right corner and Click “Modules”.
- Select a module where the description settings need to be applied.
- Click on “Business Rules” tab and select “Description Settings”.
- Click on ‘‘Add’’ and fill the required information as stated in the table provided below:
|Material Type||Allows us to select the Material Type for which the description generator needs to be enabled.|
|Number Separator||Separator defines the partition between the attributes of the description.|
|Short Desc Separator||Short Desc Separator defines the partition between the attributes of the short description.|
|Long Desc Separator||Long Desc Separator defines the partition between the attributes of the short description.|
|Short Desc Active||Allows us to activate the short description.|
|Long Desc Active||Allows us to activate the long description.|
|Optional Desc||Allows us to write free text against the description.|
- Click “Save” to save the settings.