Custom insight models can be created for data insights based on different business rules within schema(s).
Business Rules are standard checks or constraints that are used to validate data within different fields based on defined rules. Below are the different types of business rules which can be configured in MDO.
- Dependency Rule: where value(s) in target fields are dependent on value(s) in source field(s).
- APIs: used to define complex rules using Java code.
- Duplicacy Check: on a field or set of fields, determines duplicate data in the system.
- Metadata Rule: in which the innate constraints of the fields are checked.
- Missing Rule: where any missing field(s) can be checked.
- Regex Rule: in which a regular expression defines the rule through conditions and operators.
- Lookup Table: in which certain target values can be set based on the source values.
- Query Rule: helps to validate values based on the mapping fields defined in the Query.
To configure Business Rules within a schema:
- Click on the Settings icon at top right corner on the Home page.
- From the left menu bar, select Modules.
- Select the module > Business Rules > Schema.
- Identify the desired schema and click on Detail > Add Business Rule.
- Select the Rule type and select Next.
Based on the Rule type different information will be required. Refer to the relevant links below to further explain creating the different Business Rules.
|Dependency Rule||Dependency Check|
|Duplicacy Check||Duplicacy Check|
|Metadata Rule||Metadata Rules|
|Missing Rule||Missing Rules|
|Regex Rule||Regex Rule|
|User Defined Rule||User Defined Rules|
|Lookup Table||Lookup Tables|
|Query Rule||Query Rules|